Museum of Broadcasting Hall of Fame
Al, Nick, and Vic Tedesco
The Tedesco Brothers, Albert, Nicholas, and Victor have been three of the most colorful figures in the history of Minnesota broadcasting. Jointly or separately, they have owned 14 radio stations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and around the country.
They built WSHB AM (now WMGT) in Stillwater in 1949, and all three worked to make the station a success. They later sold their interests and built stations WKLK in Cloquet and WKLJ in Sparta, Wisconsin. In 1951 they founded station WCOW in South St. Paul, forerunner of KDWB, and even planned to add a television station on channel 17. That project never materialized, but shortly after they founded another successful radio station, KDUZ in Hutchinson. Over the years they also owned radio stations KAAA (now KCUE) Red Wing, KWEB Rochester, KAGE Winona, KTCR Minneapolis (later adding an FM signal that eventually became Cities 97), and other stations in Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Florida, and Wyoming.
Both Nick and Al passed away in 2002. Vic Tedesco has served on the St. Paul City Council and still plays saxophone with his band.